Current time: 26.04.2017, 07:54 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nearfest appearance cancelled - also Hannover show
24.05.2012, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 29.05.2012 11:01 PM by Robin.)
Sad Nearfest appearance cancelled - also Hannover show
[Image: american.jpg]
Dear fans,

ELOY summer concert is now taking place in Hanover as part of the tour in October
Due to Frank Bornemann's ongoing recovery following his treatment in hospital after an accident in March, the concert intended as warm-up gig in Hanover on 20 June has been moved to 3 October. The concert was originally to due to take place shortly before ELOY's appearance at the legendary NEARfest in the US - unfortunately neither of these performances will now take place this summer. ELOY’s singer and guitarist, Frank Bornemann, is expected to be fully recovered by early July, and in order not to disappoint the band's Hannover fans, the 3 October has been found as a replacement date for the summer concert - in this way the concert in ELOY's hometown will make a glorious ending to the band's autumn tour
Purchased tickets remain valid!
Best regards,
ELOY

[Image: german.jpg]
Liebe ELOY-Freunde,

wegen der noch andauernden Genesung von Frank Bornemann, der im März nach einem Unfall im Krankenhaus behandelt werden musste, wird das als Warm-Up-Gig gedachte Konzert in Hannover vom 20. Juni auf den 3. Oktober verschoben. Das Konzert sollte ursprünglich kurz vor dem Auftritt von ELOY auf dem legendären NEARfest (USA) stattfinden - beide Auftritte können jedoch nun leider diesen Sommer nicht stattfinden. Frank Bornemann, Sänger und Gitarrist von ELOY, wird voraussichtlich erst Anfang Juli vollständig genesen sein und um die Hannoveraner Fans von ELOY nicht enttäuschen zu müssen, konnte für das Sommer-Konzert der 3. Oktober als Ersatztermin gefunden werden - und somit bildet das Konzert in der Heimatstadt von ELOY den glanzvollen Abschluss der Herbsttournee der Band!
Bereits gekaufte Tickets behalten natürlich ihre Gültigkeit!

Herzlichst
Eure ELOY

Robin - [Eloy-Fanclub]
A star spangled sky is my roof tonight - the forests are my covers
Moon man the watcher with eye so bright - gives shelter like a brother
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24.05.2012, 09:55 PM
RE: Nearfest cancelled - also Hannover show
I'm really sorry about that. Especially sorry that his recovery hasn't gone well.

Selfishly, I've been looking forward to the NEARfest show. I've been a fan of Eloy since the mid 80s when I discovered their music. Never could afford to go to Europe to see one of the recent shows. Bought the patron tickets at NEARfest ($125 extra) to get a great seat to see the greatest band in recent history. :-)

Prayerfully, bummed. Get well soon. Let's schedule the band in Austin, TX (self-described Music Capital of the World) after Frank recovers. <):-)

Mark
Austin TX
Huge Fan

Mark Boyden
Austin, TX, USA
DJ, Virtual Noise, Progressive Rock and Beyond
Sundays, 17:30-19:00 (CT, GMT-0500)
KOOP Radio, Community Radio, 91.7 FM - Austin, TX
25.05.2012, 01:28 AM
Same here. I wanted som much to see Eloy, but...
I remember Frank's farewell words on one of the concerts in Germany back I think in 95:
"See you next time... somewhere... someday"
And it happened many years later.
Let's hope!
25.05.2012, 07:40 AM
Schade, hatte mich schon so sehr auf das Capitol-Konzert gefreut. Ich kann mir gut vorstellen, wie es Frank grämt, Hannover und das Nearfest absagen zu müssen. Vor allem aber: Gute Besserung, Frank, baldige, vollständige Genesung und komm´ flott wieder "auf den Damm".
Rainer

You've got to get in to get out
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25.05.2012, 05:32 PM
It is too bad to read that Frank's recovery is not going as expected. It is not easy to predict the estimated time of rehabilitation after a surgery.

But I strongly believe that within the next 4 months Frank will have recovered fully and be able to give fans some great gigs! Smile

''Follow your voice inside''
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25.05.2012, 05:35 PM
Weiterhin gute und schnelle Besserung, Frank! Und dass das aller-aller-allerletzte (?) Konzert dann in Hannover sein wird ist mehr als gerecht. Ein Feiertag ist es ja eh schon!

Before all was nothing
25.05.2012, 08:26 PM
klingt ja garnicht gut, hoffe die tournee wird nicht noch weiter nach hinten verschoben. auch von meiner seite gute besserung frank, wir warten auf dich!