Current time: 21.07.2017, 04:36 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ELOY - LIVE 2012
14.02.2012, 12:46 AM
RE: ELOY - LIVE 2012
Hi everyone. I am glad that Eloy are playing some more gigs. I could not make the gigs last year. I will make sure that I see the band play this time. It will be the first time I have seen them. There is a large choice with seven venues. As I will be coming from England, I do not know any of these venues. I would be happy if the band or any of the other fans can give me their impressions. Did you play or see a gig at any of these venues before. What could you say about the atmosphere and how about the acoustics of the venue? I would be happy to see the band anywhere, but given the choice of venue, I need some help in making my decision. I am looking forward to buying my ticket soon and enjoying the concert together with many other fans of this incredible band.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18.02.2012, 03:35 PM
The only thing I can say is, that the Longhorn in Stuttgart is not the best venue. I liked the Z7 in Pratteln a lot. I do not know the other venues, but you may get an impression by looking at the venue's homepage which is linked here at the beginning of this thread.
Cologne and Mainz are going to be sold out the next days...

Robin - [Eloy-Fanclub]
A star spangled sky is my roof tonight - the forests are my covers
Moon man the watcher with eye so bright - gives shelter like a brother
20.02.2012, 12:55 PM
Robin

As a new forum member, please ask the band not to forget London. The Marquee no longer exists (last London visit in early 80's), but there are other venues that could be used. The Marquee was packed and I am sure that a good number of fans will attend. My favourite venue is now The Peel in Kingston Upon Thames (London outskirts.) This venue caters for 150 people, more with restricted view. Regular performers are bands such as Arena, Pendragon, It Bites, Twelfth Night, Jadís, Magenta, Credó. We have also seen acts from the continent including Knight Area, Flamborough Head, The Watch.

Unfortunately I think Loreley 2012 clashes with a 2 day festival in Kingston featuring IQ among others.

Here's hoping the band can visit.

Anthony
26.02.2012, 10:03 PM
[Image: american.jpg]
Here are some news:
You might have recognized that I indicated the shows in Mainz and Cologne as 'Sold out' at the beginning of this thread. So please, if you want to see the band you will have to go to one of the other shows!

[Image: german.jpg]
Hier ein paar Neuigkeiten:
Wie ihr möglicherweise bemerkt habt, habe ich die Shows in Mainz und Köln am Anfang dieses Themas mit 'Sold out' versehen. Bitte weicht auf andere Orte aus, wenn ihr die Band live sehen wollt!

Robin - [Eloy-Fanclub]
A star spangled sky is my roof tonight - the forests are my covers
Moon man the watcher with eye so bright - gives shelter like a brother
27.02.2012, 02:34 AM
(20.02.2012 12:55 PM)Loverockmusic Wrote:  ... Regular performers are bands such as Arena, Pendragon, It Bites, Twelfth Night, Jadís, Magenta, Credó. We have also seen acts from the continent including Knight Area, Flamborough Head, The Watch.

All good bands :-)

I guess Eloy would like to play in London. Looks like last concerts there were one of the high points in band history. Probably Frank and other musicians have good memories from there. On the other hand, everybody was already tired...
07.03.2012, 12:47 AM
Thanks, Robin.

I now have tickets for the Z7 in Pratteln. This seems a very good venue. They frequently have bands playing and the pictures of Eloy from last July gives a very good impression.

Was lucky to get a good deal on flights from London to Basel. Am looking forward so much to seeing Eloy for the first time. In fact I can hardly wait - the excitement is building even as I write this message!