Current time: 29.06.2017, 06:00 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Eloy at 'Night of the Prog Festival'
31.08.2011, 09:00 PM
RE: Eloy at 'Night of the Prog Festival'
I think the show was just perfect. The setlist was great although a 2.30 hour setlist like the one on the Ocean Tour would have been even greater. However, the setlist was very well balanced between classic 70s-80s Eloy songs and newer material. My sister, our friend Patrick and me agree on that fact.

I have read some negative remarks about the sound but, at least, from our position (in front of Klaus Peter Matziol) the sound was excellent, powerful, dynamic and crystal clear. We never had any problems listening to the vocals or any of the instruments. The light show was really good and in suport of the songs and Eloy as a 9-piece band looked really impressive onstage, especially with all those keyboards. Really awesome!!!

Frank's guitar solos sounded great and it surprised me how much emotion and power he put into his singing.

Klaus Peter Matziol is a god, we were in front of him and I can't say anything less than fantastic playing. Along with Geddy Lee from Rush, he is the best bass player in the world.

Bodo Schopf put in a very powerful performance, more than he is used to. Especially in Poseidon's Creation.

Michael Gerlach was solid as a rock, I expected some more soloing by him although I understand that role was (mostly) left for Hannes Folberth. However, Michael Gerlach gets some immense and wonerful sounds from his keyboards rack.

Hannes Folberth was really great. His solos were a match to those from the studio versions and he even made some additional soloing in some other tracks.

Steve Mann is a great contribution to the live line up since he reproduces perfectly what other guitar players have done in the past. He's both a virtuoso player but also delivers some great harmonies and melodies.

The choir was perfect, in the best Eloy traidition, and we're very glad Frank decided to introduce a guest singer for The Apocalypse and The Tides Return Forever since those songs really need that extra element to recreate them faithfully in a live environment.

Overall, the 30 hours on the plane (we travelled from Chile) really payed off and I feel the happiest man on earth after having made my dream true. My sister liked Eloy very much but after the show she's really a fan now and for our friend Patrick from Luxembourgh the show was also a dream come true. So, a big THANK YOU to Frank and the rest of the band, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03.10.2011, 06:19 PM
gibt es neue Informationen zur DVD?
04.10.2011, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04.10.2011 02:59 AM by Aleks.)
Wink RE: Eloy at 'Night of the Prog Festival'
It's going to be a nice shiny round disc :-)
(04.10.2011 02:54 AM)Aleks Wrote:  It's going to be a nice shiny round disc :-)

Seriously, I am waiting for it too...
Let's not rush things. I am sure good production takes some time.
06.10.2011, 08:35 PM

Seriously, I am waiting for it too...
Let's not rush things. I am sure good production takes some time.

soll wohl die weihnachtsüberraschung werden? na gut ich kann warten, wenn es eine gelungene scheibe wird....
07.10.2011, 05:01 PM
Nichts gegen eine Weihnachtsüberraschung, aber ich muss meinen Wunschzettel immer so früh abgeben. Und Lebkuchen bei Aldi gibt's ja auch schon...

Before all was nothing
29.10.2011, 10:30 AM
Und noch eine Review des Festivals:
Underground-Empire

Robin - [Eloy-Fanclub]
A star spangled sky is my roof tonight - the forests are my covers
Moon man the watcher with eye so bright - gives shelter like a brother
01.11.2011, 08:14 PM
(07.10.2011 05:01 PM)Klaus M. Wrote:  Nichts gegen eine Weihnachtsüberraschung, aber ich muss meinen Wunschzettel immer so früh abgeben. Und Lebkuchen bei Aldi gibt's ja auch schon...
hast ja recht, trotzdem esse ich das zeug nie vor dezember, wie auch den stollen und was es sonst noch so gibt. vielleicht findest du kurz vor weihnachten ,wenns akut wird, noch einen weiteren weihnachtsmann, der auch auf kurzfristige wünsche noch reagiert? Smile
25.11.2011, 05:44 PM
können wir mit dem erscheinen der dvd in 2011 oder in 2012 rechnen