Current time: 17.08.2017, 05:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Eloy at 'Night of the Prog Festival'
10.07.2011, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10.07.2011 04:18 PM by Ion von Salta.)
RE: Eloy at 'Night of the Prog Festival'
Ich schließe mich den Lobeshymnen an. Das war GIGANTISCH! Ich stand in der ersten Reihe und habe (fast) jedes Lied mitgesungen. Ich glaube, den Jungs (und Mädels) auf der Bühne hat es ebenso gut gefallen wie uns. Und die beste Nachricht kommt zum Schluss: Ich habe mich zusammen mit Eloyian vor dem Konzert der Band mit Michael Gerlach und Bodo Schopf unterhalten. Michael bestätigte, dass Eloy als Band wieder fest zusammen sein wird und dass nächstes Jahr ein neues Album veröffentlicht werden soll.

I agree to all who said the gig was fantastic. I stood in the first row and sang nearly every song. I think the boys (and girls) on stage were as pleased as we were. And the best message is: Eloy as a band will be continued. Next year a new album shall be released. That's an information I got from Michael Gerlach.

Have a good time everybody!

Grüße an Robin!

He who contains the light will see. He who will resist the queen will breathe. He who asks will once be heard. He who rests will be deceived.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10.07.2011, 03:01 PM
@Ion von Salta: Habt ihr zufällig (oder auch ganz absichtlich) über weiter Auftritte von Eloy gesprochen?
Ich kann immer noch nicht wirklich glauben, dass die Jungs in ihrer Heimatstadt, oder zumindest in der Nähe, nicht wenigstens EIN Konzert spielen!
Leider ist es mir nicht möglich, eines der momentan angekündigten Konzerte/ Festivals zu besuchen Sad

Gruß Walter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10.07.2011, 04:17 PM
@walter: Leider haben wir nicht über weitere geplante Auftritte gesprochen, aber ich denke (und hoffe), dass auch weitere Gigs folgen werden.

He who contains the light will see. He who will resist the queen will breathe. He who asks will once be heard. He who rests will be deceived.
10.07.2011, 08:10 PM
What a great day it was. My wife and me arrived in the mid of the "Threshold" gig. The venue is absolutely beautiful, amphi-theatre like within a wonderful surrounding (s. Google Earth etc.). We only booked the first festival day. To be honest, i was not interested in the other bands at all. Eloy ruled!

A kind of direct brain dump of my festival reception:

I guess the first day was not sold out, but a very respectable amount of visitors, filling ~80% or more of the number of seats. Ok, finally when Eloy played, nobody sat down Smile

Several Eloy t-shirts walking here and there (finally own the Ocean version, too), shaking hands with Robin and Volker and talked a lot to Aleksej from the US (hi Aleksey, glad to meet you there!). For the Riverside gig we took a place left of the stage, by chance, and one could have a look to the backstage area. I could not believe my eyes Michael Gerlach and Bodo Schopf standing there and chatting, KPM too. So I took the chance, went there and really Michael and Bodo took time for a photo and to chat with Ion, see above, and me. Matze stayed in the background; i did not dare to say hello when he was in the audience later...

Anyway, ten o'clock approached, the concert started. Incredible atmosphere. It seemed as anybody did wait for just this gig. The tiers filled, no chance to sit down. I will not go into details about the set list (Burg Herzberg will start at the end of the week), but there were two or three surprises. The band played perfect to me (the mix, at least at my position, partly was problematic). Two guitars and two keyboard players with great versatility. I did not hear better live versions of some of the songs before! Lots of keyboard passages from both players. Big enrichment. KPM on bass - absolutely great as always (later, he heavily refused to teach me). To me, Bodo did a more powerful, more rocky style this time (prefer that). Steve Mann did a great job on (Gibson Flying V for the complete show) guitar and Frank played most of the solos. Mighty guitar sound esp. by Frank's Les Paul. The best guitar sound by far that day!!!
Well, two encore sections, ca. 2 hours of playing and everybody was more than happy. Even my wife, still not the biggest Eloy fan after all these years, enjoyed the concert a lot.

Afterwards the band took the time for signing. Especially Frank must have stayed until the last fan had the chance to get into contact. Errr Matze was unwilling to teach me bass playing and Hannes Folberth refused teaching Keyboards. But it was big fun...

Personally i have to say that Eloy owned the crown of the day by right. Apart from the fact that a band with a certain level of cult status played for the first (second) time after all the years, apart from the fact that they played by night, to me they played in a much highter category, esp. with respect to the compositions, the interaction of keyboards and guitars, an unique bass playing, mega drums, top guitar sound and partly challenging guitar parts. Eloy do not only repeat a nice musical sequence, they develop it, they orchestrate it and all with a touch of baroque style fatness (sorry) and beauty.

It was an unforgettable evening and i am very glad that finally this came true again. For the future, it seems, there will come more.
10.07.2011, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10.07.2011 09:08 PM by Tharon.)
Ich kann mich eigentlich nur Eloyian anschließen. Smile Selbst zu der Aussage mit seiner Freundin *gg* meiner gings da sehr ähnlich. Smile

Ein Wahnsinnskonzert vor einer unglaublichen Kulisse - es tat sooo gut, die Musik wieder mit dem ganzen Körper zu hören!! Smile Danke!

[Image: IMG_0379-1.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0380-1.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0385-1.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0390-1.JPG] [Image: IMG_0427-1.JPG]

Liebe Grüße, Tharon

--
Worlds atomize and oceans evaporate in eternity.
Man erects out of the darkness, laughs into the glimmering light - and disappears!

KEAS - Das Fantasyrollenspiel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12.07.2011, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 13.07.2011 08:20 PM by Robin.)
[Image: german.jpg]
Hallo Fans,
Das Konzert auf der Loreley war sehr gut und beeindruckend. Ein grösseres Publikum, eine schöne Sommernacht und eine gut aufgelegte Band machte den Abend zu einem unvergesslichen Erlebnis.
Ich hatte vorher alle Fans mit T-Shirts gesucht und Wunderkerzen verteilt. Dabei habe ich 5 Griechen und 5 Brasilianer betroffen, die nur wegen Eloy extra die Weite Reise gemacht haben, nebst Chilenen, Holländern, Franzosen und Engländern, und zumindest zweien aus den USA....
Es gab ein paar Soundprobleme - der Soundcheck war aber sehr gut. Es stellte sich heraus, dass irgendwelche Techniker nach Eloy's Soundcheck noch irgendwelche Subwoofer angeschlossen hatten, die total den Sound veränderten und zu einem Beben auf der Bühne führte. Das machte den Bandmitgliedern ohne Ohrhörer einige Probleme. Dennoch war es einfach toll, die Band erneut zu sehen.
Nach dem Konzert kamen alle Bandmitglieder noch zur Masse der Fans zum Signieren und kleinem Schwätzchen. Das fand ich besonders toll, da man ein Hotel in 70 km Entfernung hatte und sicher sehr müde war.

Bilder können unter diesem Thema eingestellt werden - ihr könnt sie uns aber auch auf die Forums-Mail-Adresse schicken - wir stellen sie dann im Forum ein - sieht besser aus, als wenn ihr sie hochladet.

[Image: american.jpg]
Dear Fans,
The concert at Loreley was very good and impressive. A bigger audience, a nice summernight and a band in a good mood made the evening to be a unforgettable experience.
I contacted fans with Eloy-T-Shirts before the show and distributed sparklers among them. I met 5 Greek fans and 5 Brazilian fans, only doing that long journey to see Eloy live, among people from Chile, the Netherlands, France and England, and at least two from the US....
There were some sound problems - but the Soundcheck was going well. Some technicians installed some additional subwoofers after Eloy's soundcheck, which changed the sound and resulted in vibrations on the stage. The band members playing without plugs did have some problems with that. But it was very nice to see the band playing again.
All band members appeared after the show at the waiting crowd for signatures and small talk. I think that was very nice, especially because the band must have been very tired and the hotel of the band was located about 70 kilometers away

Photos can be uploaded in this thread - you can email them to our forum mail address - we will then put them online - this looks just better than if you upload yourself.

Robin - [Eloy-Fanclub]
A star spangled sky is my roof tonight - the forests are my covers
Moon man the watcher with eye so bright - gives shelter like a brother
13.07.2011, 08:40 AM
Das Loreley Konzert war fantastisch! 13 Jahre Bühnenpause waren der Band überhaupt nicht anzumerken. Frank war super drauf, stimmlich wie auch an der Gitarre, Matzes Bassspiel ist immer noch einzigartig auf diesem Globus, Michael und Hannes harmonieren super miteinander, dieses Duo ist für Eloy Gold Wert, und Bodos Spielfreude am Schlagzeug sowie Steves Rhythmus Gitarre gaben dem Auftritt die entsprechende Power.
Nach dem Konzert hatte ich die Ehre, noch ein paar Worte mit Michael und Hannes zu wechseln. Michael hob dabei die tolle Harmonie mit Hannes hervor und Hannes sagte, dass er sich in der Band wieder richtig wohl fühle und sich eigentlich nur dort richtig entfalten könne. Und was die beiden mir dann noch über die nähere Zukunft von Eloy erzählt haben, macht mich schon jetzt sehr glücklich.....
Vielen Dank auch an das Crew Mitglied, das mir während des Gesprächs mit Michael eine der 3 Bühnensetlisten in die Hand gedrückt hat, welche mir später von Frank noch signiert wurde.

@Robin: Die Wunderkerzenaktion kam super rüber.
13.07.2011, 11:21 PM
(13.07.2011 08:40 AM)MightyEchoes Wrote:  Das Loreley Konzert war fantastisch! 13 Jahre Bühnenpause waren der Band überhaupt nicht anzumerken. Frank war super drauf, stimmlich wie auch an der Gitarre, Matzes Bassspiel ist immer noch einzigartig auf diesem Globus, Michael und Hannes harmonieren super miteinander, dieses Duo ist für Eloy Gold Wert, und Bodos Spielfreude am Schlagzeug sowie Steves Rhythmus Gitarre gaben dem Auftritt die entsprechende Power.
Nach dem Konzert hatte ich die Ehre, noch ein paar Worte mit Michael und Hannes zu wechseln. Michael hob dabei die tolle Harmonie mit Hannes hervor und Hannes sagte, dass er sich in der Band wieder richtig wohl fühle und sich eigentlich nur dort richtig entfalten könne. Und was die beiden mir dann noch über die nähere Zukunft von Eloy erzählt haben, macht mich schon jetzt sehr glücklich.....
Vielen Dank auch an das Crew Mitglied, das mir während des Gesprächs mit Michael eine der 3 Bühnensetlisten in die Hand gedrückt hat, welche mir später von Frank noch signiert wurde.

@Robin: Die Wunderkerzenaktion kam super rüber.

ich werd einfach nur blaß vor neid und heul, das ich so etwas noch nicht erleben durfte. naja, aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben, vorfreude jetzt erst mal auf die angekündigte dvd.
14.07.2011, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 14.07.2011 04:37 AM by Aleks.)
After a long flight, back to USA, to computer and Eloy Forum !
Hello, everyone who was there at Lorely !!!
It was nice to talk to people from everywhere and get into that wonderful atmosphere!

Concert impressions? To me personally it was very touching and mind-blowing at the same time.
I just do not know what to say. No words. Pure, heart-breaking happiness.
This is what it was.
Yes.
P.S. And pictures are coming :-)
01.08.2011, 06:33 PM
gibt es schon etwas genaueres zum veröffentlichsdatum der dvd