Current time: 18.09.2020, 07:25 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Re-recording of Tides & Destination
28.08.2011, 04:35 PM
Re-recording of Tides & Destination
[Image: german.jpg]
Die Musiker der Band arbeiten gerade an den Wiederveröffentlichungen von "The tides return forever" und "Destination". Dazu nimmt man im Studio die Songs zum Teil komplett neu auf.

[Image: american.jpg]
Musicians of the Band are currently working on the re-releases of "The tides return forever" and "Destination". For this the songs are recorded in the studio again.

Robin - [Eloy-Fanclub]
A star spangled sky is my roof tonight - the forests are my covers
Moon man the watcher with eye so bright - gives shelter like a brother
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28.08.2011, 04:47 PM
RE: Re-recording of Tides & Destination
They are actually re-recording the songs? Or are they just re-mixing and re-mastering them?

Mark Boyden
Austin, TX, USA
DJ, Virtual Noise, Progressive Rock and Beyond
Sundays, 17:30-19:00 (CT, GMT-0500)
KOOP Radio, Community Radio, 91.7 FM - Austin, TX
29.08.2011, 12:36 AM
The Tides album still is my favourite of the post Metromania era. As a complete album even bigger than Ocean2 (which is simply ~20 minutes too long, cut these and it is perfect). I'm absolutely happy with it (musically: melodic, fluent, got lots of drive and classic Eloy sounds).

Destination is major disappointment to me. The near perfect songs are "Prisoner in mind" (with improved guitar solo please), "Fire and ice" (what a varied song, but still forms a unity and is absolutely accessible ... and what a guitar solo here ... they should ask Georgi Nedeltschev to rerecord Frank's vocals) and "Jeanne d'Arc" (really bombastic but also fantastic). The rest of the songs are far (more or less) below Eloy's skills (i don't like the overall vocal style, the hanging rhythm in Call of the wild/Eclipse of mankind and some more). I'd be happy with a major reworking of those songs (yes, i mean completely redone). The current lineup is able to create magic. Just allow yourself to do it based on former material.
29.08.2011, 04:29 PM
I'm very glad Frank has taken the time to re-record these records. Yes, it's a re-recordinig although I'm sure it won't be 100% re-recorded, they will surely maintain some elements from the original records.

The Tides Return Forever is a fantastic record, along with Ocean 2, they're the best records from the 90s. I love that record, the sound, the production, the quality of the song writing. And if it's improved it would be such a blast especially considering new artwork and extra material. I'll buy the new edition but won't sell the old one. That's how much I love that record.

No doubt Destination is a very different album. It hasn't got the ELOY classical sound and the metal influences are heavy on that record. But it's not bad at all, far from it, it's just different. Overall I like it (not as much as The Tides Return Forever) but it's more than a decent record. I love Jeanne d'Arc very much and wish it wasn't touched as it is perfect as it is. A re-recording would improve the overall sound of the album though especially with Klaus Peter Matziol playing in all of the tracks. In 6 out of the 8 tracks on the album he is sorely missing and that is 100% noticeable. Of course, I'll buy the new edition and won't sell the old one since it is one of the very first ELOY records I own (I'm just 31).

Ra is next and I'm sure the re-recording process of that album is massive. Drums, bass, keyboards, guitars, almost everything should be re-recorded from scratch to update that record.

However, I think that for all of us fans, the priority now is...THE DVD FROM LORELEY!!!
31.08.2011, 05:52 PM
About the new releases of Ra, Destination the first thing that has to be re-recorded is the vocals in many songs. Frank sings in a higher tone sth that doesn't fit in Eloy's music in my humble opinion. The only song that sings with his natural voice is Eclipse Of Mankind one of my favorite Eloy songs. Such a sensational song with great guitar solos and Frank singing with his natural emotional voice. There are also some great melodies in Destination but unfortunately some vocal parts ruin these songs (Fire and Ice, Prisoner in Mind, Jeanne d Arc.)
In Ra, the drums should also be re-recorded.
As for Tides I dont think that it needs any changes, as this is the album that recaptures the old spirit of the band..may be slight changes at the vocals in Generation of Innocence.

Whatever are the changes, one thing is for sure..I am going to purchase all the new releases the day will be available! Big Grin

''Follow your voice inside''
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05.09.2011, 07:44 PM
Ja, bei The Tides Return Forever habe ich auch das gefühl, da kommt am besten das feeling der anfangsjahre wieder zurück, da schliesst sich der kreis. wenn ich dieaugen schliessse denke ich, dass ist eigentlich musik der 70iger jahre mit kleinen nuancen. manchermag das vielleicht als musikalischen stillstand betrachten, für mich ist es eben vertrautheit und wiedererkennung.
13.09.2011, 07:38 PM
Except for the re-recordings of Ra, Destination and Tides it was also supposed that Chronichles would be released again (as a double cd with bonus tracks if I remember well)..Any news for this release? Smile

''Follow your voice inside''
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13.09.2011, 09:06 PM
In case of Chronicles it would be fine to include songs from "Performance" finally. There is strong material present on Performance, definitely worth to consider for a best of Eloy. No more anti Performania please Wink

I'm a big fan of most songs on the album, esp. the heavy guitars. As for any album of that -brilliant- line up, Frank's voice often has a stressed touch. I would prefer an open/airy vocal touch as shown in the preceeding albums. Ok, Bodo should replace any computer based drums. And so on. Just let the music breathe. And call me if you're not sure whether it does Smile
16.10.2011, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 16.10.2011 09:39 AM by Robin.)
[Image: german.jpg]
"The tides return forever" wird noch dieses Jahr neu erscheinen.
Die Live-DVD muss leider noch ein wenig warten, da an den Aufnahmen aus verschiedenen Gründen noch gearbeitet werden muss.

[Image: american.jpg]
"The tides return forever" will be released this year. The Live-DVD would not be finished so fast because for different reasons there is a need for some work on the recordings.

Robin - [Eloy-Fanclub]
A star spangled sky is my roof tonight - the forests are my covers
Moon man the watcher with eye so bright - gives shelter like a brother
16.10.2011, 12:02 PM
Amazon.de: 25.11.2011. Cover shot available.
Tides rerecording Amazon.de

There will also be a 4 album release (existing remasters) and a 2 album set (silent cries & colours w/o bonus titles).

Ecki